Data Driven Page, Legend Label Dropped

Jump to solution
11-22-2013 08:55 AM
ZacharyWatson
New Contributor
Hello,

I am currently working in a file where I'm utilizing Data Driven Pages.  I'm trying to use the same set of data (shapefile) to preform two different tasks, the first that populates my circle points, with color and number, while the second populates my location names which are located in the legend to the right.  See images.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29294[/ATTACH]

The issue I'm trying to resolve is that while the number on the map will populate, the number in the legend will not.  There are only two numbers that this is happening to but I don't know how to correct it. 

The process that I'm using to populate the second legend is to bring the second layer instance into ArcMap open the layer properties, navigate to the Symbol tab, use the Unique Values, many fields.  One value field populates the number and the second value field populates the name.  Once all the values have been added I completely removed the symbols so that all I have is text.  It is at this point that I have two numbers/names that drop out from the list.  The two numbers/names do appear in the attribute table but to not appear in the category list.  I have tried to manually add the value by using 'Complete List' and 'Add to List' but the complete list is grayed out so I can't use it, and the add to list will allow me to enter the number but it will not 'Count' the point.  I'm not sure why the two points won't populate but any advise would be appreciated.

SA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SunsArchitect

For anyone else who is looking for the solution to this issue, I just found out what my problem was.  When an attribute field is using a unique character such as a , or - then it will not populate the value if the delimiter (located in the advanced settings button under Field Delimiter) is using the same symbol.

SA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SunsArchitect

For anyone else who is looking for the solution to this issue, I just found out what my problem was.  When an attribute field is using a unique character such as a , or - then it will not populate the value if the delimiter (located in the advanced settings button under Field Delimiter) is using the same symbol.

SA
0 Kudos