Printing problem

11-14-2013 04:34 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jamesh

Hello,

I have a map that selectively won't print parts of certain features. I've tried printing to vairous real & virtual printers (pdf, tif etc). I tried using different map files (mxds). There are no graphics or other features that might be in the way. These are personal geodatabase features. (this is a problem I've found quite frequently with file geodatabases, which is why I avoid using them). What is especially bizzare, parts of features are not drawn- i.e. a single line feature with 2 verticies has part of its middle not printed.

Any idea for a solution, other than drawing graphics to mimic the missing features?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
I have not experienced these issues. I would try using the "Repair Geometry" tool and see if that corrects issues for you (These appear to be generated in software other than ArcMap). Another tact is to export the layer to a new shapefile, and see if that helps you.
Regards,
Jim
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jamesh

-'repair geometrey' didn't work.
-exporting feature class to shapefile worked - and re-importing the shapefile back into the geodatabase also worked..

I'll keep this in mind - if all else fails, export & re-import.

Thanks for your help, you saved my day!
0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
Happy to be able to help!
If you could, please mark the thread as answered, so others with similar problems can find a solution through the forums more efficiently.
Thanks,
Jim
0 Kudos