AnsweredAssumed Answered

Transfer point attributes to line segments in ArcGIS 10.1 SP1

Question asked by Phill93 on Nov 12, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2019 by A_Tomz
In a nutshell, here's my issue. I've got a street centerline feature class which uses 4 address fields (Left_From, Left_To, Right_From and Right_To) that I'd like to update and/or populate using the address number value from a point feature class. I know the Attribute Transfer command using the Spatial Adjustment Toolbar will sort-of accomplish this, but only completing one manual transfer at a time (for instance, populating ONLY the Left_From or Left_To, etc). What I'd like to accomplish is to see if there would be any way to cycle through this process 4 times in order to select first point to populate the address in the street centerline Left_From field; select second point to populate the Left_To field; select third point to the Right_From field; and finally select a fourth point to populate the Right_To field. I've attached to graphics to help illustrate what it is that I'm trying to accomplish.  I've got thousands of records to update and I'm actually not concerned about the manual transfer method, I'd just like to find a way to move through the four address fields much more rapidly and efficiently. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Phillip

Attachments

Outcomes