AnsweredAssumed Answered

Publishing BufferService (based on SDE Feature Class) to ArcGIS Server

Question asked by Schlomm_1 on Oct 13, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 by Schlomm_1
Hello,
I'm trying to create a geoprocessing service, which I want to publish to my ArcGIS Server 10.2 to use it later on in a webmap (based on Java Script).
But until now I fail with the creation of a model builder tool.
I've gone through the tutorial: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00530000000m000000 but it's not clear how to use it with SDE feature classes stored in a enterprise geodatabase.

What I've done so far (using ArcMap Info 10.2):
I've created the following tool: http://i.imgur.com/tswsAMd.png
The output feature class of Buffers is set to: %SCRATCHWORKSPACE%\ClippedBuffers.shp and Buffers is set to "Add to display".

First problem after starting the tool:
Executing: Model22 "Feature Set" "1 Kilometers" C:\Users\Schlomm\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\ClippedBuffers.shp
Start Time: Mon Oct 14 01:13:57 2013
Executing (Buffer): Buffer "Feature Set" C:\Users\Schlomm\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\ClippedBuffers.shp "1 Kilometers" FULL ROUND NONE #
Start Time: Mon Oct 14 01:13:57 2013
ERROR 000210: Cannot create output C:\Users\Schlomm\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\ClippedBuffers.shp
Failed to execute (Buffer).
Failed at Mon Oct 14 01:13:57 2013 (Elapsed Time: 0,12 seconds)
Failed to execute (Model22).
Failed at Mon Oct 14 01:13:57 2013 (Elapsed Time: 0,21 seconds)

It might deal with the %SCRATCHWORKSPACE% variable, which I have to set. So I've tried to set the variable in Geoprocessing > Environments -> Environment Settings -> Workspace to the following (as suggested in the tutorial):
I've cleared the Current workspace and set the Scratch Workspace to the Database Connection, where the feature class is stored, which I'm using for the input.
Is this right to set this this way?

Now I start the tool again and this time it seems to be working. The tool performs successfully and the output shapefile is now located the enterprise geodatabase, where the input point feature class is also stored.
But unfortunately the feature class is empty.

Any ideas?
Or is there any other tutorial for geoprocessing services using server stored feature classes?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

Outcomes