Unable to start the �??ArcGIS server�?� (error 1067),

10-12-2013 12:51 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Unable to start the �??ArcGIS server�?� (error 1067),

I stopped the �??ArcGIS server�?� and wanted to start it but failed and got the message below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28289[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28290[/ATTACH]

I�??m using ArcGIS 10.2 on windows 8

What might be the issue here?

Why it fails to be restarted?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ldonahue

While ESRI says that Windows 8 can be used, they also indicate not to use it in production at this time.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/index.html#//015100000072000000

Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP: These operating systems are  supported for basic testing and application development use only. They  are not recommended for deployment in a production environment.

While this probably doesn't help, did you perform a clean installation of 10.2, or did you try to use existing arcgisserver directories from previous releases?
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
While ESRI says that Windows 8 can be used, they also indicate not to use it in production at this time.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/index.html#//015100000072000000

While this probably doesn't help, did you perform a clean installation of 10.2, or did you try to use existing arcgisserver directories from previous releases?

Thanks Leo,

I did clean installation starting from machine format on test environment.

By the way, it works fine on another test machine with windows 8

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am also using ArcGIS server 10.2.2 on windows 8.1 os without any issue.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ldonahue

Are the installations of Windows 8 on both machines the same?  Did the same person perform those installations?  Did they forget to install, enable or configure something on the machine that is not working?
0 Kudos
ChristopherBlinn1
Occasional Contributor III
Jamal,

Can you try the following:

From the services window, right-click ArcGIS Server, select Properties.

Click the Log On tab of the Properties window.

Make sure the appropriate account is assigned to login, and retype the password into the Password and Confirm Password inputs.

Click Ok and try starting the service now.

Let us know if the error still comes up.

Best,
Chris B.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Jamal,

Can you try the following:

From the services window, right-click ArcGIS Server, select Properties.

Click the Log On tab of the Properties window.

Make sure the appropriate account is assigned to login, and retype the password into the Password and Confirm Password inputs.

Click Ok and try starting the service now.

Let us know if the error still comes up.

Best,
Chris B.

Many thanks guys for the help,

I got the answer from an expert

Sounds that the folders of the ArcGIS server were not created as the ArcGIS server installed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28319[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28320[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28321[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28322[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28323[/ATTACH]

I have created the three folders manually and apply �??configure arcgis server account�?� and then it worked fine.

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Jamal,

If your issue got resolved then please mark this as answered and close this thread.

Thanks.