Invite Users form search wildcard

Jump to solution
08-28-2013 07:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: DanialRosenbalm

I have created a group, and want to add users.

Does anyone know what wildcard I can put in the Invite Users form search so that all members of my organization will be listed for me to pick from?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Followup:

The members form defaults to listing all organization users if the search form is empty. 

The add to groups form defaults to listing all organization groups if the search form is empty.

The invite users form defaults to listing nothing if the search form is empty.

I'm guessing the default for the invite users form is nothing because listing all users from all ogranizations would break things.  However, I need the ability to list all members in my particular organization, so I can easily add them all to groups I create.  There is a check box to search only within your organization, but this still requires some common keyword in each member's profile to list them all with a search. 

Workaround:

Our workaround, for now, is to add our organization name as part of every member's profile description.

Still, I would like to be able to get a search to return all members of a particular organization, especially my own, to simplify adding them to groups.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: timothieb

I don't have the answer to your question I am afraid....but it would be great if the Invite Users tool just presented you with a full list of your users to pick from!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Followup:

The members form defaults to listing all organization users if the search form is empty. 

The add to groups form defaults to listing all organization groups if the search form is empty.

The invite users form defaults to listing nothing if the search form is empty.

I'm guessing the default for the invite users form is nothing because listing all users from all ogranizations would break things.  However, I need the ability to list all members in my particular organization, so I can easily add them all to groups I create.  There is a check box to search only within your organization, but this still requires some common keyword in each member's profile to list them all with a search. 

Workaround:

Our workaround, for now, is to add our organization name as part of every member's profile description.

Still, I would like to be able to get a search to return all members of a particular organization, especially my own, to simplify adding them to groups.
0 Kudos