Annotation callout arrow disappear ?

Jump to solution
08-14-2013 12:54 AM
Yusuf_CelilKonak
New Contributor III
Hello to everybody,

As you know ArcMap draws a arrow to from callout to feature. But if you change the data frame rotation (90°, -90° etc.) the arrows are going to disappear. Its strange but ArcMap can not draws the arrows so the magic of the callout disappear up to me 🙂

Do you have any idea about subject ?

Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yusuf_CelilKonak
New Contributor III
It's 10.1 and as you mentioned, it seems it is one bug of this version. I solve my problem as after exporting map as a landscape I'm rotating the last product, I create a landscape template for my project so it's not a good way to deal this issues for this rate program but bug need to fix and there is no time to wait. But I'm sure this is going to be fixed in short time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: crazymatt

I'm having problems with my annotation callouts when I rotate the data frame. They don't disappear, they move to weird angles that make the annotations look like garbage, and the only way to fix them is to delete the leader lines and add them all over again which can waste a lot of my time. Sounds like there's a bit of a common problem here that I wish ESRI would address.

What version of ArcGIS are you using? I just noticed that problem recently and can't recall having issues like this while I was using v 10.0. It could be yet another ArcGIS 10.1 bug.
0 Kudos
Yusuf_CelilKonak
New Contributor III
It's 10.1 and as you mentioned, it seems it is one bug of this version. I solve my problem as after exporting map as a landscape I'm rotating the last product, I create a landscape template for my project so it's not a good way to deal this issues for this rate program but bug need to fix and there is no time to wait. But I'm sure this is going to be fixed in short time.
0 Kudos