BorderContainer problem in internet explorer 8

Jump to solution
08-05-2013 11:08 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II
I am trying to get my app to display correctly in Internet Explorer 8 and am having an intermittent problem with the layout. I am using arcgis javascript 3.5 and dojo. I have a dojo bordercontainer with a toolbar in the top region, a content pane with accordion in the left region, and the map in the center region. This works fine in IE9 and most of the time it works fine in IE8. On occasion, all of the regions in the bordercontainer draw on top of each other in the upper left corner.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any ideas on a solution? (Besides not using IE8!).

Thanks,
Janice.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: TimSparq

I've been wrapping my "init" function in a dojo/ready to ensure the dom and all dependencies have loaded before I start trying to mess with them.

Not sure if this will help your specific problem... but it might be worth a try.

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.9/dojo/ready.html

And as for the map center "walking", I think I resolved this by adding a map.resize() to the resize event of my map div (which is a ContentPane). Which I think you may also need to do if your splitters are resizable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaniceBaird
Wrapping the function which creates the map in a timeout for 500ms seems to help. Now the layout is good but the center of the map keeps "walking" or "shifting" to the upper left. This is also intermittent.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: janiceb

Timeouts seem to be our friends when dealing with IE8.

I will start a new thread for the map shift problem!

Janice.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: TimSparq

I've been wrapping my "init" function in a dojo/ready to ensure the dom and all dependencies have loaded before I start trying to mess with them.

Not sure if this will help your specific problem... but it might be worth a try.

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.9/dojo/ready.html

And as for the map center "walking", I think I resolved this by adding a map.resize() to the resize event of my map div (which is a ContentPane). Which I think you may also need to do if your splitters are resizable.
0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
thanks Tim.

• The dojo/ready was what was missing and causing the map to wander.

• The resize event for the mapdiv did not do anything for me.

thanks for your help...
0 Kudos