GDB import - doesn't see 1 feature class

07-26-2013 12:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: varvara_t

When importing features from File GDB, I can't see one point feature class - all the others are OK (including other points).
What could be the reason?
When I export it to SHP - it's OK loading it in CE.

Also, is there any way to import lines not as streets (not divided into segments and nodes)?
I try building metro scheme (like the one created for LA), and I don't need 300 objects instead of 15...
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi,

can you share the file ? can you PM me your mail address ?

lines are always interpreted as streets in CE. try playing with the subdivision settings of both segments and nodes.

let me know..

matt
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

The file is enclosed (archive contains GDB with this unreadable point feature class), I sent you my e-mail via PM.
I was almost about the lines - but still had some hope )

Thank you very much for all!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hi,

Thx for the files and the PM.

That feature class seems to be in a custom projection. That's not supported.

We recommend usually to use a default UTM projection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26338[/ATTACH]

Otherwise, what may cause an issue is the kyrillic characters. But let me know if this already solves the issue.

Matt
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I really seemed to miss it was in the wrong projection �?? but unfortunately it didn't have any effect, it's still impossible to import it to CityEngine.
I also tried deleting any Cyrillic fields, I even deleted all the attributes �?? the result was the same�?�
For SHP everything is OK again.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

I've been able to import the points, so no worries there.

The shapes are true circles, so no polygonal shapes. I'm not perfectly sure, but I guess that's not supported yet. Try converting the circles to polygonal shape features, ok ?

Matt
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Matt, you are genius!!!

Thank you - it worked, the problem was caused by using circles. I think I never would have guessed )
Now everything is OK, including export from ArcScene to 3WS (I also had errors reported because of this feature class).
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

hi,

thanks for the kind words. glad it works for you !

cheers !

matt
0 Kudos