Caching a simple map never complete,

06-06-2013 07:20 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Caching a simple map never completed,

I tried to cache a published mxd file which contains only one feature class of 66x130 km (which consists of 11 polygons) with settings illustrated in the screenshots below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25065[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25066[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25067[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25068[/ATTACH]

What might be the best settings that can help cashing this map?

The feature class and mxd map are attached

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Yeah I've noticed similar behaviour with ArcGIS caching. If you click on the Job Status tab, what does the job code say? Can you right click and go Fix Errors? Sometimes that will finish the cache off or you could go Manage Tiles and then just create for empty tiles only. Have a look at memory resources too and make sure there is enough memory on the server to create the cache.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Yeah I've noticed similar behaviour with ArcGIS caching. If you click on the Job Status tab, what does the job code say? Can you right click and go Fix Errors? Sometimes that will finish the cache off or you could go Manage Tiles and then just create for empty tiles only. Have a look at memory resources too and make sure there is enough memory on the server to create the cache.

Many thanks Shaun for the help,

Unfortunately, the �??Fix errors�?� is deemed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25424[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25425[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25426[/ATTACH]

If caching a simple map is ending up with error them what if a heavy map is cached?
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
What if you go Complete Job, will it continue caching? Also that area of interest feature class you've got there - "Governorate_WestBank". How much of the area is that covering? I notice when you do that, it doesn't update cache status percentage i.e. The percentage of completion is done for the full area, not just the area of interest, so it may have fully completed, even though it says 50% or whatever. Did you have a look at the map service to see what areas are/are not cached?

Hopefully that helps a bit 🙂
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

What if you go Complete Job, will it continue caching? Also that area of interest feature class you've got there - "Governorate_WestBank". How much of the area is that covering? I notice when you do that, it doesn't update cache status percentage i.e. The percentage of completion is done for the full area, not just the area of interest, so it may have fully completed, even though it says 50% or whatever. Did you have a look at the map service to see what areas are/are not cached?

Hopefully that helps a bit 🙂

Many thanks Shaun for the prompt help,

�?� The size of the feature class is 130 x 50 km (it is attached in my first post of this thread)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25433[/ATTACH]

�?� The job status is completed while the cache is not!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25434[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25435[/ATTACH]

�?� The service sounds to include the entire area but still this service is not recognised as cached by the web application

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25436[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25437[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?
0 Kudos