ArcGIS Server Manager hangs with "Please Wait..." message after login

06-06-2013 02:01 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi!

After a new installation of ArcGIS for Server 10.1 SP1 there is a strange behaviour of the ArcGIS Server Manager. When I am trying to login with a newly created user, the login screen hangs with "Please Wait..." message after login:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25047[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25048[/ATTACH]

This error occurs for every user created via the web interface (user group: GIS Administrator).

But when I login with the user created during the installation ("agsmanager") everything works fine.

Configuration Settings
User Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Role Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Authentication Tier GIS Server
Authentication Mode: ArcGIS Tokens

Primary Site Administrator Account
Username: agsmanager

Token Settings
Lifespan of Short-lived Tokens: 60 minutes
Lifespan of Long-lived Tokens: 1 day

System: Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Standard x64 SP2

Regards,
Christian
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I doubt that this is your problem because offer it up because no one else has responded to your question:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/36751
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rstaylor

I am experiencing this same problem right now and would like to know how you resolved yours.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Pretty basic, but have you tried to restart the ArcGIS Server Windows service?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rstaylor

Yes, thank you. I contacted ESRI support. They recommended the same. They also taught me the admin access (i.e. http://<server>:6080/arcgis/admin. However, I may need to call them again. When I set up my users and roles, log out then attempt to log back in as one of the new users, I get the same hang up.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What kind of security are you using?  ArcGIS Server built in users and roles, or Windows Domain users and roles, or a mix of Windows users and Server roles?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: infindibular

I'm having the same problem, but my install was functioning just fine until recently.

My server recently joined a domain and I had local account permissions set up before. I suspect this is causing the problem. I have rights on the server, but not on the domain.

Do you have any guidance based upon this behavior?
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What browser are you using?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: infindibular

Chrome..

And your question inspired me to try the Evil Empire (IE), which works just fine... why?
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
This is a bug with the current version of Chrome.  You'll have to use IE or Firefox, or some other browser.