Error in starting map service

05-28-2013 09:24 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: nikhil.sharma

We are using the ArcGIS 10.1 for server. We have created map services and image services successfully.

But now (after few months) I am facing some problem in map services.

My map services are getting accessed. When I restarted the server, list of services on the server were shown in (<server>:6080/arcgis/rest/services). But map services are not getting accessed now also. However, the image services and geometry services are started and are functioning properly.

I tried to to restart the map services using Manager (<server>:6080/arcgis/manager/) but it hangs up.
The log says:

SEVERE May 29, 2013 10:53:00 AM Unable to process request. Error handling service request: Transaction was rolled back, presumably because setRollbackOnly was called during a synchronization Rest
SEVERE May 29, 2013 10:52:59 AM ServiceCatalog failed to process request. AutomationException: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error Server
SEVERE May 29, 2013 10:52:59 AM Error while processing catalog request. AutomationException: Unspecified error Server

I am also attaching snapshot of error logs for reference.

I also googled about the error but nothing productive could be found.
Need help regarding this.
Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24754[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NikhilSharma2
New Contributor
My ArcGIS Server 10.1 is on Linux machine.

I digged in to the problem and found that PublishingTools service in System folder is not started and giving an error that it could not be started.
0 Kudos