AGS 10.1 Server site breaks after resetting the primary site admin password

04-16-2013 10:15 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: aguan@hess.com

I have an existing AGS 10.1 server install and some web services running without any problem. Not knowing the primary site admin password or any other admin password,  I went ahead to reset the primary admin password  based on http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//0154000005pw000000. But many parts of the server manager became broken. For example, refreshing any services gives this error:

service failed to start. SampleWorldCities.MapServer: ERROR: code:500, ArcGIS Server Site is not configured. Check with your ArcGIS Server administrator for resolution; an ArcGIS Server site is created or machines are added to an existing site using ArcGIS Server Manager., Cannot connect to this server.

Any idea how to fix this?

Allen Guan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: xiannian

I happened to be in the configuration of a new ArcServer 10.1 server. I have tried the methods you mentioned in the link.
I can change the password. After I re-login the system, everything works fine.

Maybe, you should do as the error message says, to check the site configurations are correct, including the config-store, the directories, the log folders.

Good luck,

Mike

I have an existing AGS 10.1 server install and some web services running without any problem. Not knowing the primary site admin password or any other admin password,  I went ahead to reset the primary admin password  based on http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//0154000005pw000000. But many parts of the server manager became broken. For example, refreshing any services gives this error:

service failed to start. SampleWorldCities.MapServer: ERROR: code:500, ArcGIS Server Site is not configured. Check with your ArcGIS Server administrator for resolution; an ArcGIS Server site is created or machines are added to an existing site using ArcGIS Server Manager., Cannot connect to this server.

Any idea how to fix this?

Allen Guan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: aguan@hess.com

Thanks for dong the test. I can not find anything wrong and I am not 100% sure if changing the password caused the problem. Anyway, I just delete and rebuild the site.

Allen

I happened to be in the configuration of a new ArcServer 10.1 server. I have tried the methods you mentioned in the link.
I can change the password. After I re-login the system, everything works fine.

Maybe, you should do as the error message says, to check the site configurations are correct, including the config-store, the directories, the log folders.

Good luck,

Mike
0 Kudos