Domain set to allow NULL values now requires values

03-18-2013 04:07 AM
AnnMcManus1
New Contributor II
I have a hosted feature service uploaded from ArcGIS 10.1 desktop that has 4 domains. The domain values show up fine online. In desktop, the domains are set: Allow NULL Values = Yes. However when the feature service is uploaded to ArcGIS online the field show up as REQUIRED. That is they are highlighted in yellow with an exclamation mark at the end and say �??field required�?�.

I re-did the map about 6 or 7 times from 2 different computers using ArcGIS basic on one computer and ArcGIS advanced on another. I checked the FS online in both Internet Explorer and Chrome.  I�??ve set them to have a default value and not to have a default value. I was pretty sure I was doing everything correctly so finally I re-uploaded a map that I had from December. It worked fine in December (values were NOT required) but now they show up as REQUIRED.

Worse now, when I use the map on my android phone, every field shows up with some value already filled in.
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SSSfree

The following bug has been submitted:  NIM086997-Domain values are indicated as required fields with Hosted Feature Services in ArcGIS.com Map Viewer even when they are not required.
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg2OTk3

Thanks for reporting this.
0 Kudos
AnnMcManus1
New Contributor II
Oh, OK. I guess I was just lucky that the one I did in December actually did work properly. Thanks, looking forward to a fix on this.
0 Kudos
AnnMcManus1
New Contributor II
Actually I guess it is a separate issue but not only does the field indicate that it is required but if you set a default value for a field, it does not show up in the field once it is online. Works OK in desktop but the field is blank in the FS. I didn't see a separate report on that.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jillthornton

I am having the same problem, has this been resolved yet?  I have 58 fields that I want to be optional fields but still have domains....
0 Kudos
JonathanHodel
New Contributor III
I am having the same problem.  I cannot get my default values for domains to pre-populate in my hosted feature service on ArcGIS.com  ESRI please fix.  This is a huge time killer in the field.
0 Kudos