Silverlight Maptips - maptiphidedelay ignored

08-18-2010 02:25 PM
lyndamccallum
New Contributor II
I currently have maptips on my silverlight application. The maptip over my selected feature ignores the MapTipHideDelay property. It disappears the sec I move my mouse, not giving me enough time to click the link on the maptip. Any ideas why this is happening for this one case or how this can be resolved?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
Where did you specify the maptip? It has to be on the root element of the maptip element (not on the layer, or map or a sub element of that).
0 Kudos
lyndamccallum
New Contributor II
here's what my xaml look like:
   <esri:Map.Layers>
            <esri:ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer ID="BaseLayer" Url="{StaticResource WDPurl}"></esri:ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer>

<esri:GraphicsLayer  ID="MyGraphicsLayer">

</esri:GraphicsLayer>

<esri:FeatureLayer ID="MyFeatureLayer" Url="{StaticResource FacilitiesLayerID}"  FeatureSymbol="{StaticResource DefaultNoMarkerSymbol}"  >
                    <esri:FeatureLayer.OutFields>
                        <sys:String>FACILITYNAME</sys:String>
                        <sys:String>SITEFROM</sys:String>
                        <sys:String>SITESTREET</sys:String>
                        <sys:String>SITEDIRECTION</sys:String>
                        <sys:String>SITECITY</sys:String>
                        <sys:String>FACILITYNUMBER</sys:String>
                    </esri:FeatureLayer.OutFields>
                    <esri:FeatureLayer.MapTip>
                        <Border esri:GraphicsLayer.MapTipHideDelay="00:00:01.5" Style="{StaticResource CommonBorder}" Padding="10,3,10,3"  Effect="{StaticResource dropShadow}" >
                            <StackPanel Orientation="Vertical" Margin="20,15,20,15">
                                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="0,0,0,6">
                                    <TextBlock Text="Name: " FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="#FF0F274E" FontSize="12" />
                                    <TextBlock Text="{Binding Converter={StaticResource MyDictionaryConverter},
                                        ConverterParameter=FACILITYNAME, Mode=OneWay}" Foreground="#FFFFFFFF" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Portable User Interface" />
                                 </StackPanel>
                                    <TextBlock Text="Address: " FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="#FF0F274E" FontSize="12" />
                                        ConverterParameter=SITEFROM, Mode=OneWay}" Foreground="#FFFFFFFF" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Portable User Interface" />
                                    <TextBlock Text=" " />
                                        ConverterParameter=SITESTREET, Mode=OneWay}" Foreground="#FFFFFFFF" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Portable User Interface" />
                                    <TextBlock Text=" " />
                                        ConverterParameter=SITEDIRECTION, Mode=OneWay}" Foreground="#FFFFFFFF" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Portable User Interface" />
                                </StackPanel>
                                    <TextBlock Text="***************" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="#FF0F274E" FontSize="12" />
                                        ConverterParameter=SITECITY, Mode=OneWay}" Foreground="#FFFFFFFF" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Portable User Interface" />
                                </StackPanel>
                                <StackPanel>
                                    <!--<TextBlock  Text="Inspection Results" Name="InspectionTextBlock"  Cursor="Hand" TextDecorations="Underline" MouseLeftButtonDown="InspectionTextBlock_MouseLeftButtonDown" Foreground="#FF0F274E" FontSize="12"/>-->
                                    <!--<HyperlinkButton x:Name="InspectionHyperlinkButton" TargetName="_blank" Content="{Binding Converter={StaticResource MyDictionaryConverter},ConverterParameter={StaticResource InspectionPage}}" NavigateUri="{Binding Converter={StaticResource MyDictionaryConverter},ConverterParameter={StaticResource InspectionPage}}"  ></HyperlinkButton>-->
                                    <HyperlinkButton x:Name="InspectionHyperLinkButton" TargetName="_blank" Content ="Inspection Report" NavigateUri="{Binding Converter={StaticResource UriConverter1}, ConverterParameter=FACILITYNUMBER}" Foreground="#FF0F274E"  FontSize="12"/>

</StackPanel>   
                               </StackPanel>
                        </Border>
                    </esri:FeatureLayer.MapTip>
                </esri:FeatureLayer>
            </esri:Map.Layers>
0 Kudos
lyndamccallum
New Contributor II
Nope, still looking for a solution
0 Kudos
AntonHughes
New Contributor
I also have the same problem.

Anyone have a fix?
0 Kudos
lyndamccallum
New Contributor II
Just solved this yesterday. It was because I had a Graphiclayer and a featurelayer ontop of each other. The featurelayer with the maptips with intially set to false and I  had choosen a random symbol for it's dispaly. The problem was that my graphiclayer used another symbol. The trick was to make sure the maptips layer uses the same symbol as the graphiclayer. Then everything worked.
0 Kudos