Dojo ComboBox Problem

02-05-2013 07:55 AM
JonathanKressin
New Contributor III
Hi,

This is more of an issue with Dojo then the API, but it seems to be related to the newer version of the API (an app I wrote using 2.7 does not exhibit this behavior).

I am using a ComboBox connected to an ItemFileReadStore.  In Firefox/Chrome, typing a value into the combobox searches and correctly displays the matching records.  In IE9, I get boxes before/after the search string in the matching records.  The boxes are the sort used as a placeholder for a missing character in a font.  (see attached images)

I discovered that the matching items use the dijitComboBoxHighlightMatch css class.  I added the following to my css file:

.dijitMenuItem .dijitComboBoxHighlightMatch 
{   
    color: Red;
}

In Firefox/Chrome, the matching text now shows up red.  IE appears to completely ignore this class. 

Perhaps I am just missing something, so I thought I'd post this and see if any Dojo experts out there might have an idea where I am going wrong.

The code is pretty straight forward and is pretty much pulled out of a different app that does work.

<div dojoType="dojo.data.ItemFileReadStore" jsID="streetNames" url="streetnames.txt" ></div>

<input type="text" style="width: 95%;" id="txtStreetName" dojoType="dijit.form.ComboBox" store="streetNames" searchAttr="LMSNAM" />

Thanks!
Jonathan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GaryBilotta
New Contributor III
I am having the same problem and have just started looking into it today.  It's interesting though, if you look at this dojo sample, it does not happen - http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.8/selects_using_stores/demo/ProgComboBox.php.  This sample is dojo 1.8.3, so maybe it has been corrected more recently since the arcgis js api for 3.3 says it is using dojo 1.8.
0 Kudos