Creating Oracle enterprise: ???failed to insert a value to the geodatabase system???,

01-10-2013 10:13 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Creating Oracle enterprise: �??failed to insert a value to the geodatabase system�?�

As I�??m trying to �??create enterprise geodatabase�?� based on Oracle platform, I got the message below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20638[/ATTACH]

I�??ve installed the oracle database (Oracle_Database_11g_R2_64bits) of desktop class and client side (Oracle_Database_Instance_11g_R2_Client) on the same machine. The path in the environment system/variable system is provided with the path of the client instance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20639[/ATTACH]

What might be the reason?

Thank you for the answer

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vangelo

Are you creating a number of user-schema geodatabases, using 10.1 SP1?   I'm trying
to create a reproducible case of this, to submit it to Tech Support.  If you can reproduce
this error, please contact Tech Support.

- V
0 Kudos
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor
Hi Jamal,

Is there any more information in the sde_setup.log mentioned in the create enterprise geodatabase output shown in your first attachment?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

Is there any more information in the sde_setup.log mentioned in the create enterprise geodatabase output shown in your first attachment?

Thank you Vince Fojo for the contribution.

What I did is formatting the machine. And now it is working perfect. Instead, I got the message below:

�??The ST_Geometry shape library path may be invalid, or the EXTPROC is not configured correctly in the Oracle instance. [ (Unable to determine current version of ST_SHAPELIB. The latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries need to be copied to the correct software location. Refer to the ArcGIS help topics for more details�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20668[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue?
Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor
Hi Jamal,

It looks like the create enterprise geodatabase is now successful. What you are seeing is a warning about configuring the extproc to run sql against st_geometry objects.

See this web help topic for more information:

ArcGIS Documentation: Configuring the Oracle listener to use ST_Geometry and ST_Raster
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

It looks like the create enterprise geodatabase is now successful. What you are seeing is a warning about configuring the extproc to run sql against st_geometry objects.

See this web help topic for more information:

ArcGIS Documentation: Configuring the Oracle listener to use ST_Geometry and ST_Raster

Thank you Fojo for the prompt answer.

I had a look on the valuable link that you have sent but couldn�??t figure out precisely the impact of such warning on the database and its behaviour

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos