Buildings not regenerating correctly

01-06-2013 05:30 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: obrjo181

Hi Matt

I have a bit of an issue, I'd created some building models which were perfect, then went on holiday for a couple of weeks and when I've come back, half the buildings aren't generating properly! I've attached a couple of images to show what I mean. The first image shows two buildings, the one on the left should be a transparent yellow but as you see it's a solid white. The second is another building using the same rule file although a different style but generating perfectly. The second image shows what the inspector window looks like for the first building. I've checked my rule file which hasn't changed, and I know it's not style dependant as in some parts of my model the same buildings generate perfectly. When I try to change colour or opacity in the inspector window nothing happens. I also tried assigning a different rule file to the parcel with no effect which makes me think the issue lies in the land parcel.

Any thoughts on what might have happened to the land parcel and how to fix this?

Regards

Joanne
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: obrjo181

Actually I feel a bit stupid now, I solved the issue, turns out you shouldn't start changing something in your rule file and then go away on holiday for a couple of weeks! I'd left all buildings with two or more floors undefined so it was just providing a solid colour. All fixed now!
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Haha, nice one.

Felt like this too today when I picked up an other task from end of last year .. 🙂
0 Kudos