"Project Raster" produces multiple rasters

Jump to solution
12-20-2012 09:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: meewasin79

Hello,

When I use the "Project Raster" tool my output is 4 different rasters (see image below). The name of my input file was 37-05-3.

Input:
37-05-3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20113[/ATTACH]

Output:
37-05-3
37-05-3c1
37-05-3c2
37-05-3c3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20112[/ATTACH]

Could someone please explain to me why I get 4 output raster for one input? Do I need them all? In case you need to know, the input file is a TIFF and I am using ArcMap 10.1.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Sarina
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JSkinn3

Hi Sarina,

The reason you have 4 files is because you specified an ESRI GRID for the output from the Project Raster tool.  By not specifying an extension for the output raster, an ESRI GRID is created.  Each band is displayed individually for an ESRI GRID.  You can rerun the Project Raster tool and specify '.tif' at the end of the output file name.  This will create a TIF file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JSkinn3

Hi Sarina,

The reason you have 4 files is because you specified an ESRI GRID for the output from the Project Raster tool.  By not specifying an extension for the output raster, an ESRI GRID is created.  Each band is displayed individually for an ESRI GRID.  You can rerun the Project Raster tool and specify '.tif' at the end of the output file name.  This will create a TIF file.
0 Kudos