Hello World Trouble

Jump to solution
12-10-2012 03:28 PM
ÖzgürSarıkamış
New Contributor
I'm new at ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android. And trying to follow this Hello World tutorial.

During the day, I got this error. : The application HelloWorld has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
(As seen in picture)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19839[/ATTACH]

Here is my Log screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19840[/ATTACH]

To be honest, I dont understand the problem here. Is this an OpenGL problem? What am i doing wrong?

I tried in Eclipse but also in IntelliJ IDEA 12. Get the same error.

I love Android but I love ArcGIS more 🙂 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
What version of the Android SDK tools are you using?  Android SDK tools v17 introduced support for OpenGL ES 2.0 by.  The ArcGIS Android SDK uses OpenGL 2.0 so you must be using Android SDK tools v17 or above.  This blog post should help you get started.   Be aware that Android SDK tools v21 includes a revamped AVD creation dialog that does not match the dialog in the blog post.  We are working on updating the workflow with the new AVD creation dialog.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: grantcrea

The bottom of this thread http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/47422-Running-HelloWorldMap-sample-on-AVD-(emulator) indicates that the runtime SDK will run on an AVD, but I was unable to do so when I tried it.  It runs fine on my USB connected device though.
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
What version of the Android SDK tools are you using?  Android SDK tools v17 introduced support for OpenGL ES 2.0 by.  The ArcGIS Android SDK uses OpenGL 2.0 so you must be using Android SDK tools v17 or above.  This blog post should help you get started.   Be aware that Android SDK tools v21 includes a revamped AVD creation dialog that does not match the dialog in the blog post.  We are working on updating the workflow with the new AVD creation dialog.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vestanbul

thank you for this helpful answer. I ran my app on my device and there it is 🙂 Besides, I think OpenGL is the problem while I posted this situation. Again, thank you...
0 Kudos