AnsweredAssumed Answered

Uploading Large Datsets to AGS Online

Question asked by shaun_weston-eagle-co-nz-esridist on Dec 5, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 by geonetadmin
Having quite a few issues working with larger datasets and ArcGIS Online.

I have a map document with a 1.72GB feature class in it of polygons in WGS and I want to create a feature service in AGS Online. I go through the Share As bit in ArcMap and publish this service to ArcGIS Online from an Amazon EC2 instance. This starts loading and sits at this screen for at least an hour with no indication of how far along it is:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19736[/ATTACH]

This finally finishes and I get this error:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19737[/ATTACH]

I have a look in the Results and it shows a unspecified 9999 error, which is of no use!

I have a look my AGS Online account and there is a service definition file there that is 380MB but no feature service. So it's completed half of it?

So I click on the service definition file and publish that, again it says publishing with no indication of how far through, so just sits on this for a couple of hours then I get this message:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19738[/ATTACH]
The user I am logged in as is a Publisher. I re-try publishing the service and it works the second time after waiting another couple of hours.

When I try creating a feature service with smaller data (around 10-20MB), it only takes a couple of minutes and completes successfully, but trying this with larger datasets is very difficult with unhelpful error messages. So just wanting to know what is going on with all this?

Workmates of mine are having similar issues with upload failure etc.

Attachments

Outcomes