Delineating Watershed Area to Polygon

08-21-2012 07:03 AM
Labels (1)
JohanSmith
New Contributor II
I am trying to figure out how to use archydro to identify the contributing water area of an endorheric basin (i.e. lake). I have identified the lowland region by a simple gradient threshold and I want to find the area of water flow direction that contributes to that area. While identifying the watersheds would be ideal I do not have the feasibility to manually locate all the drainage points (or sink localities) but I like the idea of using the delineated catchments and drainage line.

So this morning I have looked at the possibility to intersect these basins (predefined polygons) with the drainage line and have the contributing catchment to that drainage line then be associated with the basin. Now I have an inital script that is working but before I waste too much time on it I just want to make sure that there is not a better approach to my problem within archydro.

Hopefully the pictures I provide will explain this better than my question above.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17122[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]17123[/ATTACH]

Red Lines = Drainage Line
Blue Polygons = Catchment
Yellow Polygon = Basin

J
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
You can use the Batch Watershed Delineation for Polygons tool in Arc Hydro. It is available in the Watershed Processing menu and toolset.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos