AnsweredAssumed Answered

ExportReport ?

Question asked by geonetadmin on Aug 12, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2012 by tereshenkov
Original User: effortlesswebsllc

I don't know if this belongs on the Amazon forum or not, but here it goes.

I created a Toolbox containing a Python script that uses the arcpy.mapping.ExportReport method.  After successfully executing the tool,
I published it as a geoprocessing service.  When I execute the task, it fails with the following message: This functionality is not supported on server.   Below is an excerpt of the help documentation regarding the ExportReport funactionality.  The documentation states this is not supported on a stand-alone insall of ArcGIS Server, which makes sense.  So, why is it not working on the Amazon instance that has ArcMap for Desktop installed along with ArcGIS for Server?

Thanks,

Jason

Desktop » Mapping » Reports

Summary

Exports a formatted, tabular report using data from layers or stand-alone tables in a map document along with the report template information that is provided in a report layout file (.rlf).

Discussion

The ExportReport function provides a mechanism to automate the generation of reports that are originally authored in a map document (.mxd) using the reporting tools available in ArcMap. A report layout file authored in ArcMap is a template that stores information about the content and placement of the items in a report. The report layout file is used along with the source data in a map document to create output reports. The source data can also have associated joins and related table information that is used within the report.

The ExportReport function has a dependency on the ArcMap installation. Therefore, ExportReport can only be executed on machines that have ArcMap installed. ExportReport will not run using stand-alone installations of ArcGIS Engine or ArcGIS for Server.

Outcomes