Cached map service seems to have low resolution

07-30-2012 11:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: informatica21

Hi,

I have a problem creating a nice-looking cached map service with ArcGIS Server 10.1

I have a map prepared (though in beta-stage, but quite usable already), which looks rather nice in ArcMap:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16488[/ATTACH]

Now I publish it as a cached map service on my server. Using it as a dynamic map is absolutely impossible, 'cause I cant even wait the server to draw most of the locations.

I use default arcgis online/google maps scales and other default values.
When the cache tiles are finished creating, the map is quite good and responsive, but for one bad thing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16489[/ATTACH]

I'm not worried abot the labels placement - that is a way to go. What is really not god is the resolution of the picture.
Lines and existing labels are not smooth. In fact, they are smooth but it seems like they have HALF the required resolution and anti-aliased after.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16490[/ATTACH]

I can't find any settings related to the resolution neither at cache creating stage nor at map display stage. The things I tried - changing scales, anti-aliasing modes, image file formats, viewing in different browsers and through other service etc - give no positive results.

Maybe I have a problem known to somebody - what is wrong with my configuration?

Thanks for help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: skmoore

Hi,

What image format did you use to create the cache? Are those screenshots from the Javascript viewer?

It could be that the image format you are using does not support enough colors, and so you are seeing a degradation in quality.

Is this service exposed to the internet where I could take a look at it?
0 Kudos