Locator Map - Globe

06-24-2012 02:19 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: asidurrehman

Hello to all

I am trying to use locator map as globe and up to a certain level I am succeeded using "The World from Space" coordinates system. Now I want to zoom in my area of of interest keeping that globe shape as it is (round shape). Whenever I try to use zoom in tool I lose my globe shape (round shape). For more clarification I have attached two jpeg files. My Globe shows my effort and Desired Globe shows my expected Globe with certain zoom level.

Any idea how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: juli6830

Hi,
    One thing that you can do is clip your data frame to a circle, thus displaying the data as a circle.

Here are the steps to do this:

1. Use the New Circle tool   on the Draw toolbar in data view to create a circle that contains the extent of the data you want to display in that data frame.
2. Click the Select Elements tool   on the Tools toolbar and select the circle graphic.
3. Right-click the data frame for which you want to clip in the table of contents and click Properties.
4. Click the Data Frame tab on the Data Frame Properties dialog box.
5. Click the Clip Options drop-down menu and select Clip to shape.
6. Click the Specify Shape button.
7. Click Outline of Selected Graphic(s).
8. Click OK.
Optionally, change the border option for the outline of the clip shape.
9. Click OK.

You can find more information about this in the help document �??Clipping the Data Frame�?� at http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00s90000000q000000.htm
0 Kudos
AsidUr_Rehman
New Contributor
Thanks a lot for your kind response. You have told a nice method

I have clipped data frame using selected graphic technique (using a circle ). Original problem has been solved
Is there any method to enhance the curvature of globe at specified extent on globe??
0 Kudos