Twitter Timeline Template - dojo locale issues

06-01-2012 01:57 AM
SamLarsen
New Contributor III
I have attempted to create the twitter timeline template for use in the UK and we are running into issues in all versions of Internet Explorer (Firefox and Chrome have no problem) which relate to the default dojo locale setting of 'en-gb'

The following image demonstrates the error in the arcgis.com hosted version IE9:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14853[/ATTACH]

Dojo is looking for an en-gb localisation template.

I have downloaded the application and attempted to fix this issue by:
1) explicitly setting the dojoConfig.locale setting to 'en', 'en-us', 'en-gb' but to no avail
2) by adding 'en' & 'en-gb' folders to the ./nls/ directory that is shipped with the application and copying the main template.js file into both of those directories
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14854[/ATTACH]

Has anyone outside the US used the application in a scenario where the non-default localisation setting is used?
I don't necessarily need the application to be localised - i am happy with US english but Dojo picks up the en-gb setting from browsers in the UK by default.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmayaMateos
New Contributor
Hello!!!

Could you resolved it?

Thanks!!

Best regards.

I have attempted to create the twitter timeline template for use in the UK and we are running into issues in all versions of Internet Explorer (Firefox and Chrome have no problem) which relate to the default dojo locale setting of 'en-gb'

The following image demonstrates the error in the arcgis.com hosted version IE9:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14853[/ATTACH]

Dojo is looking for an en-gb localisation template.

I have downloaded the application and attempted to fix this issue by:
1) explicitly setting the dojoConfig.locale setting to 'en', 'en-us', 'en-gb' but to no avail
2) by adding 'en' & 'en-gb' folders to the ./nls/ directory that is shipped with the application and copying the main template.js file into both of those directories
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14854[/ATTACH]

Has anyone outside the US used the application in a scenario where the non-default localisation setting is used?
I don't necessarily need the application to be localised - i am happy with US english but Dojo picks up the en-gb setting from browsers in the UK by default.
0 Kudos