Reclassify issue

Jump to solution
05-31-2012 07:26 AM
Ali_LeventYağcı
New Contributor
Hi,

I tried to reclassify this raster from MODIS imagery [ATTACH=CONFIG]14798[/ATTACH], but the result looked like this [ATTACH=CONFIG]14799[/ATTACH].
This is the mapping [ATTACH=CONFIG]14800[/ATTACH]. It is pretty straightforward, 0 should become 1, all other values should become 0. Reclassify tool in spatial analyst both classified and projected falsely the image. Do you have any idea? MODIS imagery is in sinusoidal projection. I installed the Service Pack 4.

Data is uploaded here, https://rapidshare.com/files/4083956438/PixRel.A2000049.posey_IN.tif

Ali
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Hi,
I have downloaded the data and tested this issue. The issue seems to be specific to your TIFF image. Here's what you could do to fix it.
- Convert your source TIFF image to a new TIFF by exporting it then run the reclassify tool on the exported image. or,
- Use the original source raster and save the reclassified raster as an IMG or FGDB raster.
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Hi,
I have downloaded the data and tested this issue. The issue seems to be specific to your TIFF image. Here's what you could do to fix it.
- Convert your source TIFF image to a new TIFF by exporting it then run the reclassify tool on the exported image. or,
- Use the original source raster and save the reclassified raster as an IMG or FGDB raster.
Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: yagciali2002

Hi,
Hope this helps!

Hi vattarai,
I will give you an update. I guess this issue is associated with the ArcGIS SP4. My ArcGIS 10 is running with SP4. My friend hasn't installed any SP4 yet. She did the calculation on ArcGIS 10 without SP4 and she didn't come across this problem. However, I did the calculation on ArcGIS 10 with SP4 and I experienced this problem. Would you try this on ArcGIS 10 with SP4 and without SP4?

Ali
0 Kudos