AnsweredAssumed Answered

HTML popup with overlapping polygons

Question asked by geonetadmin on Apr 24, 2012
Latest reply on May 3, 2012 by geonetadmin
Original User: FlorenzH

I have defined a HTML popup window for a polygon feature dataset (stored in a file geodatabase). It all works fine.

However, when polygons are (entirely) overlapping, i.e. one smaller polygon within a bigger one, the HTML popup window displays the information of one of the features only. There is only 1 popup and you cannot choose which feature to display the popup for (unlike the traditional "identify" (blue i button) window where you can choose). I think it displays the HTML popup only for the first feature retrieved from the database, not necessarily the larger or the smaller feature.

I have tried changing the drawing order with "symbol levels" to force, for example, the smaller feature to display on top of the bigger one. However, the HTML popup does not obey the drawing order: it just returns info for the first feature retrieved from the database at the location.

So the question is: is there a way to display the HTML popup for the smaller feature if the user clicks on that, and for the bigger feature if the user clicks on that (but outside the area also containing the smaller feature)? I really prefer not to re-populate the feature class with the features in the right order (small to large), but I accept that that might be the only solution.

Florenz

Outcomes