AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to make your own default startup map document ?

Question asked by obelgrubel on Mar 14, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 by geonetadmin
Hi,

I want to make my own default startup map document, so that everytime I start a new blank doucument, it will read my own configuration. I want to Lock the Customization everytime ArcMap starts. How do you do that ?

See..., I want to make certain configuration to ArcMap (I want to Lock the Customization for every user who starts ArcMap), so that for every user who starts ArcMap, my configuration will be loaded.

I have tried :

1. Changing the MXT in "C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.0\ArcMap\Templates"
    I make an MXD with "Lock Customization". Copy this MXD to the above directory and save it as "Normal.MXT". This new Normal.MXT is loaded everytime I start ArcMap
    with option "New Blank Map" BUT the "Lock Customization" button is active again..., I can still customize my ArcMap ! Also, my Normal.MXT is always be replaced by
    new Normal.MXT that ArcMap creates this MXT upon exiting / starting.

In Desktop 10, it says that it doesn support MXT anymore. How do you save MXT in Desktop 10 (I just want an MXT which support Lock Customization) ? May be the Help filefor ArcGIS 10 should be updated .. (Read Desktop 10 Help "Fundamentals of saving your customizations" section)

I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10 sp2; Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit.  

Please see the attached pics.

thanks

Attachments

Outcomes