AnsweredAssumed Answered

First Time Annotation User, Repositioning Labels with Line Callouts

Question asked by Lady_Jane on Jan 18, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 by geonetadmin
Hi everyone,
I have a poster sized map.  The following screenshot shows what a portion of it looks like at 200% zoom in layout view.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11256[/ATTACH]
The green and red points represent sites that have been sampled, and the grey represent sites which have not yet been sampled.  The labels of the sampled sites show which samples exactly have been taken, there are 4 different kinds.  The points are stored in a file geodatabase, I created labels for them using an advanced expression and converted them to feature-linked annotation.  They are supposed to have line callouts like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]11257[/ATTACH] but these aren't showing up.

I was hoping that by converting the labels to annotation I could:
a) Drag the labels to an appropriate location
b) By dragging them, have the missing, or overlapping labels show up
c) By dragging them, have the line callout appear.

b and c are not happening.

My second problem is moving the actual labels.  I want to be able to edit them in layout view but it doesn't look like I can do that.  If I go to data view, then I have to zoom way in to be able to get to the appropriate label viewing scale and by that point, my points are tiny, so I don't get to see what the actual map would look like.  So how am I supposed to place the labels correctly?

Any advice is appreciated, thank-you.

Attachments

Outcomes