Popup window with url opens and does not enlarge

06-23-2011 01:35 AM
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
We have a point layer with urls to 360deg (panorama) photo's.
The url is to an asp which opens an interactive viewing window for viewing the photos.
Unfortunately the popup remains small and our users have to manually drag the popup corners to enlarge the browser window each time.
See the 2 screenshots.

Is there some way (in AGX or our service) to force the popup window to open in a larger window to start with?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mbockenhauer

Using iframe is one way that you could do this.

<iframe src="http://www.vpix.net/index.php?tour=2437" height=400 width=400></iframe>

The popup will use the height and width to size itself when opened.

Keep in mind that, if you resize a popup window manually (grab a corner and resize) the popup will open to that size the next time it is opened.  If you click edit on the popup window and then OK, you will see the default behavior of the popup being clicked for the first time.
0 Kudos
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
Thanks, Mike.
Reckon I'm almost there. Changed the SQL in the feature layer view to generate html using IFrame.

Have enclosed 2 screenshots of the front of the council building.

As you can see on one screenshot, the popup opens to the given size.

However you can see on the second screenshot that if I make the popup larger, the interactive page from the cyclomedia server stays the same size with the result that I only gain white space on two sides.

Can you also help me with this problem?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mbockenhauer

The popup window autosizes to height and width parameters in the tags.  So, in this example I changed the width and height of the iframe to 100%, so it will fill the popup window. And I added a "hidden" divider with the desired "default size" for the popup window.

<iframe src="http://www.vpix.net/index.php?tour=2437" height=100% width=100%></iframe>
<div style="width: 600px; height:400px;margin: 0 auto; overflow: hidden;">  </div>

The downside of this, is that there is white space beneath the iframe that one could scroll down and see.

Mark
0 Kudos
DarrylDempsey
New Contributor
Mark,
That's pretty much the result I wanted. Thank you.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gtuchristina

I would like to do the same thing within the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex environment.  Where can I make these changes?
0 Kudos