Cost path

06-01-2011 08:04 AM
igorprosenik
New Contributor
Hello!

I have been trying to make a cost path analisys. The input files were generated according to the requirements:

- input destination data - a raster dataset that consists of two cells with values 0 and 1, the remaining cells are assigned NoData.

- input cost distance raster - created with the CostDistance function

- input cost backlink raster - created with the CostDistance function

- Path type: each cell

Cell size and environment settings of all files match.

I attached the images of input files..

The output that I get is raster file with two cells that correspond the input destination data.. I really don't know what the problem is.

Could you help me?

Thank you, Igor from Slovenia
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: adnandani

i didnt get you correctly.. you want to find cost path for which you have to rasters source and destination. which are basically shapefiles of point shape? and when you use cost path tool you should give link to COSTDIST , BACKLINK and DESTINATION with "cost distance" tool you should attach the last result you find either by weighted overlay or majority filter,and Source and then run the tool it will give raster with 2 values have dotted line which is your desired cost path now you should use another tool. Its the raster to polyline tool in which you just add the cost path tool's result and there you complete line is.........

adnan tariq
Petroleum Engineer
Pakistan
0 Kudos
igorprosenik
New Contributor
Thank You for the reply Adnan..

My problem is the output file.. Instead of a path, which would represent the least cost path and should connect the points (A and M) i only get the raster with two cells valued (again A and M) and the rest of cells are assigned No data..

There is probably something wrong with settings.. But what?

Igor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: adnandani

dear .

can you show me the the final raster you get so i can tell you what you can do ... and if there is nothing secret you can mail me your data so i can check this out my self .
adnandani@gmail.com
0 Kudos
igorprosenik
New Contributor
I am sending You the output file. There is nothing to see really, just the two cells: the start point and the end point.

I will send an email with the files that are needed for the processing..

I am very grateful for Your help, thank You!

Igor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mmaguire

Hi Igor, 

The image of your cost distance raster makes it look like the cost distance to both points A and M is 0.  If this is the case, when you run the cost path tool, it is generating 2 cost paths that are 0 cells long.  One goes from point A to point A and the other goes from point M to point M.

If A is the point that you are trying to determine the cost distance and cost path from, then create a layer (or raster) with just point A and use that as the source when you run the cost distance tool. 

This should result in a raster where the cost distance is 0 at point A and is some value greater than 0 at point M. 

Then, for the cost path tool, you will want to use a layer (or raster) with just point M to represent the destination.  This way the cost path will represent the path from point A (cost distance = 0) to a destination at point M.

Mel
0 Kudos