Problem with FlexViewer2.2 Source Code?

Jump to solution
03-10-2011 11:40 AM
RashidMalik1
New Contributor
Hello Flex Gurus:  I am experiencing a strange behavior with the source code I just downloaded from here:  http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/index.html

Although I will be making some changes to the InfoColumnChartWidget, I am using it right OUT-OF-THE-BOX with no changes what so ever.  I am not getting any compilation errors.  However, everytime I click on the thematic map, I get a strage behavior of the listed fields (please see images for details).  Is there something I am doing wrong.  I have tested the compiled version and it works beautifully.  However, I cannot get the source code to behave the same way.  Am I missing something?  Please help ASAP. I have to complete a very time sensitive project showing thematic mapping.  Thanks, Malik
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mehu11111

Seems like compiling viewer with 4.0 Flex SDK works fine. Where as compiling with 4.1 sdk causes the problem that you mentioned.
try setting useVirtualLayout="false" in InfoColumnChartWidget.mxml  as shown below

<s:Scroller width="100%" height="100%">
            <s:DataGroup id="dataGroup"
                         dataProvider="{contentList}"
                         itemRenderer="{infoChartItemRenderer}">
                <s:layout>
                    <s:VerticalLayout gap="1" useVirtualLayout="false"/>
                </s:layout>
            </s:DataGroup>
        </s:Scroller>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mehu11111

Seems like compiling viewer with 4.0 Flex SDK works fine. Where as compiling with 4.1 sdk causes the problem that you mentioned.
try setting useVirtualLayout="false" in InfoColumnChartWidget.mxml  as shown below

<s:Scroller width="100%" height="100%">
            <s:DataGroup id="dataGroup"
                         dataProvider="{contentList}"
                         itemRenderer="{infoChartItemRenderer}">
                <s:layout>
                    <s:VerticalLayout gap="1" useVirtualLayout="false"/>
                </s:layout>
            </s:DataGroup>
        </s:Scroller>
0 Kudos
RashidMalik1
New Contributor
Mehul,

Thank you so much for looking into this. I greatly appreciate it.  I will try your suggestion in the morning at work and let you know of my findings.   I knew it had to be something simple as it should have worked just like the compiled version.  Anyway, thanks a million!  Malik
0 Kudos