Model Builder: Difficulty understanding model iteration with multiple variables.

01-05-2011 10:32 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Boyter

I've read the ArcGIS 9.3 online help regarding model iteration and the related topics, but still have a question. 

In my model (see attached) I have two parameters.  I am attempting to select a feature from a layer based upon parameter 1 (P_Facil_no) then later calculate a field of parameter 1 using parameter 2 (P_Project_id). 

I first attempted to batch process the model, but it first selected all the features, then appended all the features, then calculated all the project ids for all the features, thus setting them all equal to the last project id in the list.

What I would like to do is have it run the entire model one for entry in the batch process window.

Finally, my input data is in a spreadsheet and is in three fields; Num, P_Facility_No and P_Project_ID.  Num is a unique identifier, and the other two are the parameters for the model. 

If anybody has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, this is my first post to the forums.  I hope to become a contributing member. 

Cheers,

Matthew
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Boyter

Also, this is my first post to the forums.  I hope to become a contributing member. 

Well, I guess I get to contribute faster than expected.  I have solved my own problem after being stumped for a week.  See attached for the redesigned module. 

The solution came in a better understanding of Series vs. List parameters and how to control the iteration through parameters.
0 Kudos