my forums and bookmarks?

07-13-2010 02:15 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alnesbit

Hey all,

Remember when you had a list of your forums and the forums you were watching? And bookmarked forums? Where is that now? Can we get that back?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor
Hey all,

Remember when you had a list of your forums and the forums you were watching? And bookmarked forums? Where is that now? Can we get that back?

When you're looking at a forum list, you can use "Forum Tools > Subscribe to this Forum" to be notified about all new threads.

When you're looking at a thread, you can use "Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread" to be notified about all new replies on that particular thread.

You can watch and manage your subscriptions through the "Forum Actions > User Control Panel".  You can add, remove, organize into folders, customize your settings, etc.  You can also receive email notifications instantly or in daily or weekly digests.  However it's worth noting that while many do receive these emails from us, some users still do not and we haven't yet figured out why.   But at a minimum, you can use the User Control Panel.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
Jim
Where is it? Windows 7 etc etc

Addendum
Figured it out...you have to be logged in...might want to put a note on the page that other options only become available once logged in
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jbarry

Jim
Where is it? Windows 7 etc etc

Addendum
Figured it out...you have to be logged in...might want to put a note on the page that other options only become available once logged in

True.  Guess I took that for granted.    I didn't think too many would expect that subscriptions and other personal settings would be usable unless the forum app knows who you are.  (ie, logged in).    We'll figure out where to put a note.  Something like "some functions here on the forum are not available unless you are logged in".   Something like that.  Thanks Dan.
0 Kudos