WHERE CAN YOU DOWNLOAD the ARCOBJECTS API or SDK??????????

05-18-2010 11:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: keeblerh

I've been routed around from page to page and cannot find where the server sdk toolkit can be found and downloaded.   Is it really there?  Thanks to anyone who can point me to a link contains this.

The Koolaid is starting to wear off.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JanDuske
New Contributor
I thin the SDK comes with an ArcGIS Product DVD, I've never heard of a free SDK.

BTW, a topic with a title written in CAPS with 10 Questionmarks is not likely to be looked at, let alone to be answered.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Juncus

I have to agree with keeblerh, they do not make it easy at all I would have used caps as well. Telling us all about it and how to install it without being able to say where to find it is extremely unhelpful. I will look on the DVD.
0 Kudos
KathleenBertrand
Esri Contributor
After you select a product to download, e.g., ArcGIS Desktop 10, under Product Description at the left, see attached, all the setups available for that product DVD are listed, including the ArcObjects SDKs (as available).

Hope this helps.  🙂
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mr_fnord

It would be really helpful if the documentation and marketing materials explained that the SDK was only available on the DVD. I spent hours looking for the download and getting really frustrated at the complete lack of information on installing it. Finally this post came up in google results (but not arcgis support search results).

Is there a reason that the SDK is not available for download? Most companies give away their SDK because it strengthens vendor lock-in.
0 Kudos
OttoTuvesson
New Contributor
Left of where?

I usually don't like Caps and spamming questionsmarks but in this case it does match my feelings.

All I'm trying to do is to upgrade an stand-alone application built for a customer from 10 to 10.1. For us living in the 21st century its quite amazing that I can't even download your building blocks. My customer will still have to use the license to run the program!

Would it be so hard to, where it says download, also describe where and how this can be done (if at all possible).

I find it quite pointless with a guide through the windows installer if the hard part is to get it...

/O
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Chris_Fox

To download the ArcObjects SDK for .Net or Java log into to customers.esri.com. Click the icon for software download. Under Product line if you are eligible for ArcGIS Desktop you should see ArcGIS for Desktop in the Product line, click hyperlink for ArcGIS for Desktop. This will take you to a new page where under Download Individual Setups you will see ArcObjects SDKs, you can expand that to select either .NET or Java.
0 Kudos
uniteCSIO_02617
New Contributor
To download the ArcObjects SDK for .Net or Java log into to customers.esri.com. Click the icon for software download. Under Product line if you are eligible for ArcGIS Desktop you should see ArcGIS for Desktop in the Product line, click hyperlink for ArcGIS for Desktop. This will take you to a new page where under Download Individual Setups you will see ArcObjects SDKs, you can expand that to select either .NET or Java.

Hi,

why have I got nothing in my EDN Software list, I validated a Desktop 10.1 60-day trial license (through file validation offline process). Does it mean I can't access to the ArcObjects SDK Java ?

Best regards.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: eric906

Hello:

There isn't an eval for the ArcObjects SDK for Java product. You will need to use your EDN subscription to obtain the product. Just log into the Customer Care Portal with your EDN credentials and you should be able to access the download from there.

I hope this helps?
0 Kudos