A bug and a couple comments.

04-08-2010 11:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SStrand

First off a bug that I noticed right away: The window holding "New Posts, FAQ, Forum Actions, and Quick Links" is not working correctly. When I hover over Quick Links and then click to see the submenus that popup, they are contained within that small bar and do not expand into view.

Secondly the search needs to be revamped so that each and every post within a thread is not coming up in the results list. At one point a thread with 30 responses was in my results, forcing me to move through three pages of seeing something I didnt need. Either a tree needs to be implemented off the original post, or there needs to be a search option to only see original threads without responses.

Overall the forum seems like it was rushed to be put out. The main page says "Forums. Welcome to the forums." Really? You couldnt give even a little blurb as to the purpose of the site? I know a lot of the people here know what they are doing but for a first timer coming to the site, a few extra words can go a long way in directing them to where they need to go. A description of what each forum section contains would be nice. Usually a forum section will have its name with a description of what you will find in there. Right now I only see names and I wonder how often there will be posts in the wrong areas due to people not knowing where they should be going for help.

Hope these seem like valid comments. It may just be that Im used to something different and will have to adjust to this.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I noticed the same about the Quick Links submenu, but only when I wasn't logged on. When I did log in, that problem went away. Since the submenus do things that would be assigned to your profile, that action makes sense. However, why the submenus don't automatically open on mouse over doesn't make sense.
0 Kudos