Plugin HelloworldTask

03-12-2010 11:44 AM
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

Does anyone have already experienced with programming a Task as a plugin in the mobile tablet application?

I did unzip the helloworldtask and build it with visual studio.
I copied the result dll to my project folder:
C:\Users\Wagemakers\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGIS Mobile\P_Bomen

And add in my project file:
<Task assemblyQualifiedName="CustomizationSamples.HelloWorldTask,HelloWorldTask"></Task>

The Helloworld task is not available in the task list of the project.

Can someone help me?

The ArcGIS Mobile project and Visual Studio project as attachment.

Marco
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor
The walktrough in the developers help describes to copy the assembly to the plugin folder: "C:\ProgramData\ESRI\ArcGIS Mobile\Plugins\ in case of windows 7.

However, in my computer there is not a plugin folder available.

So I give it a try and copy the dll to another location in the program files bin folder of mobile:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Mobile9.4\bin*

And it works fine!

(*) (x86) in case of Windows 7 64 bits

Marco
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jdou

Hi, Macro

For 94beta2 and later (pre-release, 10 final), the tablet task/extension dll should be deployed to a folder named Extensions, instead of Plugins.

on XP:
-mobile bin folder  or
-C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\ArcGIS Mobile\Extensions

on Vista, Windows 7:
- mobile bin folder, or
- C:\ProgramData\ESRI\ArcGIS Mobile\Extensions

We used "Plugins" as the folder name in beta1, then changed to "Extensions".  This is an error in the doc, thanks for pointing that out.

-jw
0 Kudos
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

FYI

After installation of the prerelease there is no folder in C:\ProgramData\ESRI\ArcGIS Mobile\Extensions

Marco
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jdou

Hi, Marco

You could create the Extensions folder manually, then put extension dll files there. Mobile setup does not create this extension folder.  we will make this clear in the doc...

thanks

-jw
0 Kudos