How to reproduce annotation from a point database

09-08-2014 01:59 AM
AgnarRenolen
New Contributor

I have a point database where the points are the exact location of the actual annotation text.

Then there are fields for annotation class, kerning, rotation angle and horzontal and vertical alignment.

If i can import the point database and label the fratures so they are all left-alligned with the start of the text (exactly) on the point, I can then convert that to an annotation feature class and then set the allignment and other attribues there thenafter.

But I can't get the labels to be placed exactly where they are supposed to be.

The closest I can get is center left alignment, where I need lower left.

Is there a better way to do it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Agnar,

Did you try Placement properties from label tab?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
AgnarRenolen
New Contributor

Yep, I have tried that (besides, you must select the Upper Right Only option).

But as you can see, the labels are placed at an offset from my points.  These point data contains annotation that are already cartographocally placed, and all I need to do is to reproduce it.  That means I nedd to get the corner of the "L" of "Lauglo" exactly on top of the point.

You may say that I can allways move the labels later (provided that the offset is constant), but it will not work with rotated text, of which there also is quite a number.

LabelOffset.png

0 Kudos
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Agnar,

Try below setting.

point symbol size in my layer is 4 and I'm offsetting the label in negative direction on both X and Y axis by 4.

Label placement property was set to top right.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos