Overview map re-positioning when toggle TOC toggled

Jump to solution
09-08-2014 01:26 PM
AlexGole
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I am creating a web map template using JQuery UI layout, JQuery, and bootstrap. When I start my overview map, everything works fine and I can toggle the TOC  easy, the overview map wont change position. However, when I fire the JQuery dragging functionality to move it across the map, then the overview positions itself according to the border of the TOC and center layout. I am not sure why.

Here is my map.

You can toggle the overview map by clicking on the white arrow at the top-right corner.

Capture.PNG

To toggle the TOC just click on the red button at the bottom-left corner.

Capture.PNG

Any idea?

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alex,

Try setting your draggable object style as below. This will have your overview panel positioned absolute to your window.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When looking in Firebug, when sliding the TOC I see the error

/ UI Layout Callback Error

The center onresize_end callback is not a valid function.

Also, when you drag the overview map to another location, it seems to stay in the same relative position on the map. Is the position style getting changed to "relative" when you move it? I didn't see that when examining the element, so I'm not sure why that's happening..

alex1.pngalex2.png

0 Kudos
AlexGole

I just fixed the error that you noticed. It seems like it is not related to my issue since I still get the same re-positioning of my overview map. I am not sure why that is happening either. Maybe the JQuery drag functionality turns my overview map to relative position (CSS)!?

0 Kudos
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alex,

Try setting your draggable object style as below. This will have your overview panel positioned absolute to your window.

Untitled.png

AlexGole

That was it! Very nice trick! This is great!

0 Kudos