Vehicle Routing Problem Help Please

08-13-2010 08:12 AM
AndrewDoyle
New Contributor
Instead of using the solve command to find the most efficient routes, is it possible to choose the order of stops for the routes?  I can provide more information if needed and any help would be great.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
You can choose to set the relative sequence among these orders by setting order assignment rule to �??Preserve Route and Relative Sequence�?� and provide the sequence number in �??Sequence�?� field and route name in �??RouteName�?� field through route properties.  When you click Solve button with this setting, the solver will always assign the order to the preassigned route and at the preassigned RELATIVE sequence during the solve operation. The order sequence might change if a new order is inserted into the route, but the relative sequence won�??t change.

Please provide more details if this does not answer your question.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
AndrewDoyle
New Contributor
Thanks Anna that worked great.  I got the routes to show up by individually adding them and setting their properties e.g. startdepot, enddepot, maxcapacity, etc., do you know if there is a faster way to add routes?  Can I use the Load Locations tool like I did for the Orders and Depots?
0 Kudos
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
You can use Load Locations to load Routes. One simple way is to create a table with route fields as the column and routs as the row. The table can be saved in different formats, such as an Excel file or a csv file. You will only need to list the necessary fields in the table. The rest of them will be automatically populated with default values when loading the table. Here is an example:

Name StartDepotName EndDepotName EarliestStartTime LatestStartTime AssignmentRule
Route1 Depot 1 Depot 1 8:00:00 AM 11:00:00 AM 1
Route2 Depot 1 Depot 1 8:00:00 AM 12:00:00 PM 1

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
AndrewDoyle
New Contributor
That worked great thanks again.
0 Kudos