Problems with zoom levels in the Map Tour app

Jump to solution
09-03-2014 09:44 AM
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

Dear all:

Preparing a storymap with the map-tour app I ´ve set the zoomLevel in the index.html to: zoomLevel: 8

This works fine when I open the application. However, when I reset the zoom with the home-button, the zoom level of 8 is no longer applied (e.g. when I switch to another position the map remains in the overview zoom-level entered with the home-button).

Here´s the map: http://speck.conabio.gob.mx/NALCMS/photo/index.html

Any hints?

Thank you & best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Flo,

That's the designed behavior. The idea was that if user change the zoom it may be because he don't like the author choice and may prefer another one for various reason.

I think we want to keep it like that for the regular carousel and previous/next navigation but I agree that the home button could have a different behavior. I have opened an issue to track, we will review with the team Behavior of zoom level settings after user use the home button · Issue #23 · Esri/map-tour-storytell...

Thanks for feedback

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Flo,

That's the designed behavior. The idea was that if user change the zoom it may be because he don't like the author choice and may prefer another one for various reason.

I think we want to keep it like that for the regular carousel and previous/next navigation but I agree that the home button could have a different behavior. I have opened an issue to track, we will review with the team Behavior of zoom level settings after user use the home button · Issue #23 · Esri/map-tour-storytell...

Thanks for feedback

0 Kudos
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gregory,

Our idea was that the user may just want a quick overview (like it´s given with the first location, which could be interpreted as the "home" situation) and then turn back to a more detailed point of view.

thank you anyway & best regards