Label control in AGO

Jump to solution
09-02-2014 07:57 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to have control over labeling in AGO. I want to be able to stack labels or move position of label in map. Or is this not possible yet?

I know that you can label but want to know if there is more control of your labeling.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreeaAmbrus
New Contributor III

I had the same question a few days ago and the only useful tutorial that Icould find is this:Create labels—Help | ArcGIS  - which is not much. And in any of my maps that I needed to label, I couldn’t find the option to align the labels.

One way around this is to convert labels to geometry in ArcGIS and the add them to AGOL: Adding labels to ArcGIS Online web maps: Part 1 | ArcGIS Blog This is useful especially if you need to use the map in Collector (like I did) since Collector does not read labels yet...

Anyway, there's a lot of work that ESRI needs to do in AGOL, especially about labels..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndreeaAmbrus
New Contributor III

I had the same question a few days ago and the only useful tutorial that Icould find is this:Create labels—Help | ArcGIS  - which is not much. And in any of my maps that I needed to label, I couldn’t find the option to align the labels.

One way around this is to convert labels to geometry in ArcGIS and the add them to AGOL: Adding labels to ArcGIS Online web maps: Part 1 | ArcGIS Blog This is useful especially if you need to use the map in Collector (like I did) since Collector does not read labels yet...

Anyway, there's a lot of work that ESRI needs to do in AGOL, especially about labels..

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Andreea.

Thanks for the advice I will try your recommendation. And I agree with you about ESRI still having a lot work to do in AGOL

0 Kudos