Dynamic Scale Text Options

Jump to solution
09-02-2014 07:56 AM
JustinWest
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am working with some dynamic scale text on my map products and have run into an issue. I use two scale text blocks, I use the absolute scale (1:9,000)as well as a relative scale (1 inch = 750 feet). I can get the dynamic absolute to populate into a text box using:

Absolute Scale:

1:<dyn type="dataFrame" name="Main" property="scale"/>

I need to display the relative in a similar way but the only thing I have is the option within the dynamic scale dialog for creating the scale text. Does anyone know how to configure this or if it is possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Justin,

I got this information from a very helpful colleague; use something like the following, adjust to taste for your needs:

Relative Scale: 1 inch = <dyn type="dataFrame" name="DataFrameName" property="scale" pageUnits="in" mapUnits="ft" pageValue="1" decimalPlaces="0"/> feet

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidBarnes

Hello Justin,

I got this information from a very helpful colleague; use something like the following, adjust to taste for your needs:

Relative Scale: 1 inch = <dyn type="dataFrame" name="DataFrameName" property="scale" pageUnits="in" mapUnits="ft" pageValue="1" decimalPlaces="0"/> feet

JustinWest
New Contributor III

Thanks,

That was exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
RyanKelso

Wow, this is great.  I was trying to do the same thing.  Why on earth are there dynamic text tags that aren't documented in the help!?

DariushAmeli
New Contributor III

Very helpful. Thank you David Barnes.

0 Kudos