Needing help querying Map Service for PoPUP

09-01-2014 09:09 PM
CharlesGant
New Contributor III

I have the following service loaded into my map:

http://gis.fema.gov/REST/services/FEMA/LSR/MapServer

I would like to be able to sample the graphics from this service in a popup as if it is loaded into an AGOL Webmap.  Unless I'm confused, the above link is to a Map Service and not Feature Layer.  However, when I inspect the layers, they area labeled as Feature Layers.  I read somewhere that you cannot query a Map Service for features.  So I'm confused.  Can I query this layer to be able to display ALL attributes in a popup?  If so, how?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EhabEl-Masry
New Contributor II

Hi Charles

u can try this esri sample, with few editing, u should be able to query any layer in your map service..
here u are:
Feature layer hover | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

From your service directory, your layers supports the "Query" REST function.

1.png

0 Kudos
CharlesGant
New Contributor III

I appreciate the response. I tried incorporating the code and the console prints out:

TooltipDialog in not a constructor

I have all the following in the require and function calls, exactly as it is in the example.  I do have many other requires, however I'm fairly certain that I have the order consistent because the page loads fine.  Typically if the order is out, the page bombs on load. 

require([

"esri/map", "esri/layers/FeatureLayer",

"esri/symbols/SimpleFillSymbol", "esri/symbols/SimpleLineSymbol",

"esri/renderers/SimpleRenderer", "esri/graphic", "esri/lang",

"esri/Color", "dojo/number", "dojo/dom-style",

"dijit/TooltipDialog", "dijit/popup", "dojo/domReady!"

], function(

Map, FeatureLayer,

SimpleFillSymbol, SimpleLineSymbol,

SimpleRenderer, Graphic, esriLang,

Color, number, domStyle,

TooltipDialog, dijitPopup

) {

0 Kudos
EhabEl-Masry
New Contributor II

It is hard to guess what else you are trying to load in the "require" section, but according to your description, it seems that it is a packaging issue. Make sure that the paths you add - like "someFolder/someJavascriptModule"- is mapped to a physical resource in your web application.

Feel free to share the code..

0 Kudos
CharlesGant
New Contributor III
require(["esri/map","esri/geometry/webMercatorUtils","esri/dijit/BasemapToggle","dojo/_base/connect","dijit/form/Button",
  "dojo/dom","dojo/parser","dojo/ready","dojo/on", "dojo/_base/Color","dojo/keys", "dojo/_base/array","dojo/number","dijit/registry",
  "esri/config","esri/SnappingManager","esri/dijit/Measurement","esri/tasks/locator","esri/graphic","esri/layers/GraphicsLayer","esri/dijit/Popup",
  "esri/dijit/PopupTemplate","esri/layers/WMSLayer","esri/layers/WMSLayerInfo","esri/urlUtils","esri/arcgis/utils","esri/geometry/Extent",
  "esri/layers/FeatureLayer","esri/layers/ImageParameters","esri/layers/CSVLayer","esri/layers/ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer","esri/layers/ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer",
  "esri/symbols/SimpleLineSymbol","esri/symbols/SimpleFillSymbol","esri/symbols/TextSymbol","esri/symbols/Font","esri/tasks/GeometryService",
  "esri/tasks/query","dojo/dom-construct","dojo/dom-style","esri/renderers/SimpleRenderer","esri/layers/LabelLayer","esri/renderers/ClassBreaksRenderer",
  "esri/InfoTemplate","esri/symbols/SimpleMarkerSymbol","esri/symbols/PictureMarkerSymbol","agsjs/dijit/TOC","dijit/layout/BorderContainer","dijit/layout/ContentPane",
  "dijit/TitlePane","esri/dijit/Scalebar","esri/TimeExtent","esri/dijit/TimeSlider","esri/layers/TimeInfo","esri/request","dojo/_base/lang",
  "dojo/date/locale","dojo/request/xhr","dojo/fx","dojo/_base/array","dijit/TooltipDialog","dijit/popup","dojo/domReady!"], function(Map, webMercatorUtils, BasemapToggle, connect, Button, dom, parser, ready, on, Color, keys, arrayUtils, number, registry, esriConfig, SnappingManager, Measurement,
  Locator, Graphic, GraphicsLayer, Popup, PopupTemplate, WMSLayer, WMSLayerInfo, urlUtils, arcgisUtils, Extent, FeatureLayer, ImageParameters, CSVLayer, ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer, ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer,
  SimpleLineSymbol, SimpleFillSymbol, TextSymbol, Font, GeometryService, Query, domConstruct, domStyle, SimpleRenderer, LabelLayer, ClassBreaksRenderer, InfoTemplate,
  SimpleMarkerSymbol, PictureMarkerSymbol, TOC, BorderContainer, ContentPane, TitlePane, Scalebar, TimeExtent, TimeSlider, TimeInfo, esriRequest, lang, locale, xhr, array, TooltipDialog, dijitPopup)
0 Kudos
CharlesGant
New Contributor III

Could not post complete page code as it is 1500 lines.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure this is the issue, but you've added "dojo/_base/array" twice, once after Keys and once before TooltipDialog.

When I add many modules, I find it more helpful to organize them logically

require(["dojo/_base/array",

"dojo/_base/declare",

"dojo/_base/lang",

"dojo/Deferred",

"dojo/json",

"dojo/ready",

"dojox/gfx/fx",

"dgrid/OnDemandGrid",

"dgrid/Selection",

"dgrid/selector",

"dgrid/extensions/ColumnResizer",

"dgrid/extensions/ColumnHider",

"dgrid/util/mouse",

"dgrid/extensions/DijitRegistry",

"dijit/MenuItem",

"dijit/layout/TabContainer",

"dijit/registry",

"esri/map",

"esri/InfoTemplate",

"esri/dijit/Basemap",

"esri/dijit/BasemapGallery",

"esri/dijit/BasemapLayer",

"esri/dijit/Scalebar",

"modules/DVParameters",

"agsjs/dijit/TOC",

"dojo/fx",

"dojo/domReady!"

], function (array, declare, lang, Deferred, JSON, ready,

fx,

Grid, Selection, selector, ColumnResizer, ColumnHider, mouseUtil, DijitRegistry,

MenuItem, TabContainer, registry,

Map, InfoTemplate,

Basemap, BasemapGallery, BasemapLayer, Scalebar,

DVParameters

) {

0 Kudos
CharlesGant
New Contributor III

Really appreciate the reply, I removed the extra "dojo/_base/array" and still getting the error printed in console. Also removed the corresponding "array" function call. 

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you show the portion of your code where you use TooltipDialog?

0 Kudos
CharlesGant
New Contributor III

All I have added in is below.  Fairly simple addition at this point.  I stopped incorporating the example after it failed here. 

dialog = new TooltipDialog({
          id
: "tooltipDialog",
          style
: "position: absolute; width: 250px; font: normal normal normal 10pt Helvetica;z-index:100"

});
        dialog
.startup();

0 Kudos