AnsweredAssumed Answered

plist appended to folder from listworkspaces

Question asked by Holywhippet on Aug 31, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 by Holywhippet

I've got a tool I'm working on that recursively iterates through workspaces using arcpy. For each workspace it looks for rasters and notes details about them before looking through any workspaces under the current workspace. For the test data I'm using there is also installer for the Mac and Windows version of Adobe Acrobat amongst it. When my tool gets up to: acrobat\mac\Adobe Reader 6.0\Adobe Reader 6.0.app\Contents\Plug-ins\Multimedia.acroplugin\Contents\MacOS\MPP\QuickTime.mpp\Contents I use ListWorkspaces and I expect to get the subfolders MacOS and Resources. But instead it tells me the workspaces are named plistMacOS and plistResources.

ie. (Have changed workspace path slightly)

>>> arcpy.env.workspace = r"k:\acrobat\mac\Adobe Reader 6.0\Adobe Reader 6.0.app\Contents\Plug-ins\Multimedia.acroplugin\Contents\MacOS\MPP\QuickTime.mpp\Contents"

>>> allWorkspaces = arcpy.ListWorkspaces("*", "All")

>>> for currentWorkspace in allWorkspaces:

...     print currentWorkspace

plistMacOS

plistResources

In the folder I'm checking there is a file called Info-macos.plist which I assume has something to do with it.

The problem is these workspace names aren't valid so when I try to search them I get an error.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to work around this? I could check the workspace exists but I feel I shouldn't have to.

Outcomes