Assign stream slope runs forever, does nothing

08-12-2010 10:46 PM
Labels (1)
GaryHubbs
New Contributor
Following the ArcHydro tutorial, I am able to successfully complete step 1 (Level DEM) and step 2(DEM Reconditioning), but when I get to step 3 (Assign Stream Slope) the process just runs forever (well, all night at least) and does nothing, does not generate any error messages !!!

What could be wrong ?  I've checked the Input Stream Layer and all lines are digitzed correctly (run downhill) as I thought that might be the problem.
Perhaps the DEM is too large ?
Perhaps something wrong with the Input Stream Layer structure (the rivers are interrupted by many lakes) ?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RajatChopra
New Contributor
I am also having the similar problem i just read the post above. could you please explain how to proceed or how to break up my area of study. i have been trying to do this from a week but still no go..Please help
0 Kudos
DanWismer
New Contributor II

Same problem - assigning stream slope just runs forever with no feedback.

0 Kudos
DanWismer
New Contributor II

I got it to work. Make sure that you generate To/From Nodes in the attribute tools. Make sure that those Nodes are unique to the RIVERS which are in your clipped area. This is why it was not working for me: I Generated the To/From nodes -> then clipped the RIVERS to area of interest -> then performed the assign stream slope. The tool would just run and run and run....

I just deleted the To/From Nodes in the attribute table and repeated that tool again. Then I did the assign stream slope and it worked.

0 Kudos