AGOL for 911?

08-26-2014 12:24 PM
TravisTyson
New Contributor II

For those of us who work in or otherwise support PSAP's for 911; are you using ArcGIS Online (AGOL) and if so, how?  I've been having a hard time understanding how I would use or benefit from using this and Esri is pushing it hard. At this years UC, I asked one of the instructors to help me out and he gave me a couple of ideas.  Just curious if anyone else is using it and if so, how  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

As mentioned in the other post; for what?  Geocoding?  Same answer; NO.

Maybe for displaying incidents, but that would be internal only.  Some agencies have a real time crime center, maybe they could benefit from a password protected access.  What does ESRI want to do?  and.... What do their lawyers say about liability?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JimHetherington
New Contributor

For Public Safety/Emergency Services Yes. I’m not sure about 911 (getting them to the site. I’d be interested to know the ideas he was given. I’d be happy to show you what we have if you’re interested.

0 Kudos
JenessaStemke
New Contributor

Some agencies are posting private information (phone numbers, mobile carriers, dates, locations of call incidents) of 911 calls on publicly available datasets here on AGOL. I think this should not be made public. Thoughts?

http://services2.arcgis.com/Z4jOepBqp1Nd3Q91/arcgis/rest/services/911_Calls/FeatureServer 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hard to imagine posting that sort of data publicly isn't a lawsuit looking for a court room.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos