Need help : Publishing polygon layers (say state_boundary etc.) in ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
08-25-2014 04:20 AM
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I am using ESRI 10.1 suit and working on few map services. When I publish polygon layers like boundary map,district boundary etc. its taking time in REST query.

My Data environment : Converted all polygon shape files to the SQL server data base (ver. 2008 + no indexing)  & using shape2sql tool .                   While  accessing following REST  Layer: States (ID: 2)  simple query works fast than my map services.

So what should I do to speedup my REST layer similar to above one ?

i.e.  publishing directly from shape file is fine OR converting shape file to database is recommended ?

Any help will be great!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sunil,

File Geodatabases are usually faster performing than enterprise geodatabases.  If you do not need a feature service, I would recommend creating a one-way replica to a File Geodatabase, and create the map service from that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sunil,

File Geodatabases are usually faster performing than enterprise geodatabases.  If you do not need a feature service, I would recommend creating a one-way replica to a File Geodatabase, and create the map service from that.

SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor

Hello Jake,

Thanks for your reply. I will check and let you know..

thanks a lot : )

0 Kudos
SainiGurminder_Singh
New Contributor II

Sunil

Your process is very straight forward, but mostly Enterprise (server) based environments and volume of users connected to the service restricts the speedy processing.

I recon, better to create a replica of your geodatabase locally, process and post back to enterprice.

That's my way, and It's very handy.

Cheers