Map Design

Jump to solution
08-21-2014 01:39 PM
Labels (1)
WahajHabib
New Contributor

How can i improve this map design wise ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

I like the overall design. Nice job.

The fade transition could be smoother to eliminate the buffer ring look.

I would like to see the descriptive reason for the map in larger text - you have the room for it. It is more important than the disclaimer, yet is given the same font / visual weight. Spell check this section as well.

I like the triangle with the logos, but it looks a bit cramped to me. Perhaps narrow it so it has a bit of space in the margins.

Fix the label overprints in the map, where black text blends into black boundary lines.

Make the legend colors match the colors in the map. The transparency and underlying terrain color make the agency regions look different that what is portrayed in the legend.

The red color in the overview map is overly prominent. When standing back and looking at the figure, it is the most visible item and pulls your eye there, rather than to the main display area. Make it a more subtle color. Make sure that all labels in this section are legible.

Perhaps you could use a different line symbol for the Country boundary line between Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Best Regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

I like the overall design. Nice job.

The fade transition could be smoother to eliminate the buffer ring look.

I would like to see the descriptive reason for the map in larger text - you have the room for it. It is more important than the disclaimer, yet is given the same font / visual weight. Spell check this section as well.

I like the triangle with the logos, but it looks a bit cramped to me. Perhaps narrow it so it has a bit of space in the margins.

Fix the label overprints in the map, where black text blends into black boundary lines.

Make the legend colors match the colors in the map. The transparency and underlying terrain color make the agency regions look different that what is portrayed in the legend.

The red color in the overview map is overly prominent. When standing back and looking at the figure, it is the most visible item and pulls your eye there, rather than to the main display area. Make it a more subtle color. Make sure that all labels in this section are legible.

Perhaps you could use a different line symbol for the Country boundary line between Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Best Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
WahajHabib
New Contributor

Thanks a lot Jim for your comments......I will work on it

0 Kudos